csr > Environment Improvement
- Recovered Furfural from waste streams in the plant.Further optimization of the recovery under QCC projects carried out.
- A recovery of 140 MT/annum of Furfural possible which earlier was wasted on top of corncobs.
- A wet scrubber installed to arrest waste steam going to atmosphere which contributed to smell in the plant neighboring vicinity.
- Installation of a new highly efficient waste water treatment plant.
- Produce Biogas which is burnt in the boiler and reduces fuel in the boiler
- Installation of an evaporator system to removecolor from the filtrate coming from filtration plant.
- Replacement of existing distillation column with a higher capacity and more efficient column.
- Reduce the losses from the existing column bottom and also process Furfural recovered from the new wet scrubber.
- Carbon foot printing exercise with the help of an authorized outside agency. Awarded ISO 14064 Certification.
- Existing tube lights replaced with energy saving ones. Investment = Baht 89,000; Savings = Baht 81,000/annum.
- Replacement of existing high power rating motors with energy efficient motors. Cost and economics being worked out.