csr > Energy Saving / Conservation
- Old Yoshimine boiler burning fuel oil as supplementary fuel replaced with a more efficient Circulatory Fluidised Bed boiler from Takuma using coal / lignite as supplementary fuel.
- Power generation from Turbine increased from 1600 kW to 2300 kW.
- Energy costs reduced drastically both on account of boiler fuel and on purchase of PEA power. Projects Implemented
- Reduced energy consumption in plant by optimizing cooling water and air compressors running. Power saved = 140 kWh.
- Replaced cooling water pumps and later modified impellers of cooling water pumps. Power saved = 60 kWh.
- Cooling tower fans replaced. Power saved = 45 kWh.
- Plant insulation reviewed and reworked to reduce heat losses
- Lighting load reviewed. Reduced by 30 kWh.
- Existing tube lights replaced with energy saving ones. Investment = Baht 89,000; Savings = Baht 81,000/annum.
- Replacement of existing high power rating motors with energy efficient motors. Cost and economics being worked out.